Wednesday 18 February 2015

Vietnam 2/2 - 35 days 4 Countries with only USD 750, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand

Continue from previous part 2

Next destination Hoi An

From Nha Trang to Hoi an 11 hour 530kilometer distance
Hoi An it's a small city? or a village? I had no idea. At Hoi A not much backpacker. As the pervious Nha Trang trip I knew a girl from Chinatravels together to Hoi An. After reaching Hoi A, some of the hotel receptionist approaches us and try to ask us whether found any hotel yet? After that, they offer me and my friends 2 days 35USD. Of course I negotiate! Until 25USD for 2 days without breakfast. Finally, they agreed, someone sends us to their hotel. First day, nothing much to do just walk around and find some food too. The most famous "Best Banh Mi" in Hoi An and there have difference flavours too, such as BBQ taste, Garlic Bread, Bacon and etc. Price range between 15,000-20,000 Dong. Location from Google map: 15.878445, 108.331692


 Here the room. They give us a queen size and single size
Photo taken from internet. Best Banh Mi in Vietnam
 Rose dumpling also a famous dishes cost me 65,000 Dong. The taste no bad too
 Famous Japanese Bridge (if you see 20,000 Dong notes at the back it this bridge)


The second day I rent a motorbike and plan to go My Son Sanctuary, which need to drive 45-50 kilometer around 45 minutes. Cost of rent a motorbike from hotel 5USD and not included fuel. I do a round trip fuel cost me 60,000 Dong. If you not good in drive motorbike. I advise you to join the tour because it's quite dangerous, it required drive to highway and small road too. And most importantly, it's so tiring ride motorcycle for almost 2 hours round trip! Here the location of Google map : 15.763286, 108.123734

My Son Sanctuary the entrance fees is 100,000 Dong


Here is the motorbike I rent Honda Air Blade.


Here is the ticket cost me 100,000 Dong
 Ticket included go into the museum where you bought the ticket there
 Temple?
 No idea what it's!
But it's a nice Architecture
 Panorama view
 Panorama view
Yes...that me
No idea who make it..perfection

For me My Son Sanctuary it's much more nice compared to Siem Reap temples (Angkor Wat and etc) Maybe at here is lesser people, greener, better environment and less noise!

After My Son Sanctuary, we back Hoi An already night. During night time in Hoi An is absolutely stunning and nearby the river there had a lot of pub too after crossing the bridge.

here the Google location of the river and the pub 15.876250, 108.328596


Photo taken from internet. A lot of people walk around during night time
Photo taken from internet. A lot of shop selling lantern during night time light up is more stunning.
Here the picture during daylight 

Opps almost forget to mention that there is a morning market in Hoi An selling vegi,fish and etc..Here the location of the morning market from Google map 15.876849, 108.331193

Photo taken from internet. Here is the Hoi An morning market


Photo taken from internet. Here is the Hoi An morning market

Next location is Da Nang. 

From Hoi An to Da Nang just 30 minutes! I didn't stay here..Just transit :(

Next location is Hue. 

From Da Nang to Hue 4.5 hours 100kilometers distance.
As my previous older brother been to Hue before. My brother advises me not to stay here. Why? maybe because of boring?nothing much to do? So I decide to transit here too. Reach Hue on 12 afternoons and directly book a ticket to Hanoi at 5.30pm. Which I have 5 hours stay at Hue, so I decided to walk around the city. It's a lovely city with some ancient architecture and building. Before leaving the city found a very nice coffee shop named "The one cafe and bakery". It's really nice interior design, cheap coffee and cake too around 20,000-45,000 Dong. Google map location : 16.466390, 107.591657

Chocolate Mint 25,000 Dong

Next location is Hanoi. 

From Hue to Hanoi 15 hours 685 kilometers distance. It's an overnight bus, but seriously? 15 hours?

Hanoi is a busy city.Almost the same as HCMC a lot of motorcycles around. Here have a lot of hotel/hostel. You can walk around and find some hotel price ranging around 5USD to 100USD

There is a night market. A lot of people and cheap stuff, but not much stall sell food. Google map 21.033315, 105.851038

 Photo taken from internet. It's a quite long night market. A lot of stall sell clothes and accessories but not much food stall

Hoan Kiem Lake it's heart of Hanoi. During my free time, I walk around and saw a lot of couple dating over there.




Next location is Halong Bay. 

From Hanoi to halong bay 4 hours 150 kilometers distance.

In Hanoi you can find tour to join. There have a few options such as 2d1n or 3d2n

2d1n which is staying at Cruise or 3d2n is a 1 day stay at the hotel and another day stay at the cruise. Price range around 35USD -80USD

For me, I didn't join any tour. I bought a bus ticket by myself 2 way cost me 12USD. Once reach there I take a taxi to the backpacker area and found backpacker cost 3.5USD. In this town nothing much to do just walk around and find some food. After I reach there I try to find a 4 hour tours for cruise Halong Bay, which cost me 18USD (not include all the things such as kayak).

After that me and my friends take taxi cross the bridge to another small town (have a of building and shopping too). We walk around and some people offer us take a round trip in halong bay but not far away? It cost 350,000 Dong 2 hour trip for 5 people with 2 sampan. It's quite enjoying and relaxing on the sampan. The speed of sampan not too fast and not too slow either. Totally worth of money! But too bad I forgot the location :( but it's behind the shopping mall

 Some boat above the rock
 2 of my China friends
 Here the sampan look like :)
Enjoying

Early in the morning free pick up to pier and we start our 4 cruising to Halong Bay! It's so exited

 some view
A popular cave
 Inside the cave
 Cruising...cold wind blowing! 
 Isn't familiar? look at your 200,000 Dong note...
 We did pay for sampan. Each people need to pay 6USD or 120,000 Dong. It's take around 45 minutes 















Tomorrow continue my blog! to Laos! more interesting part is coming~


No comments:

Post a Comment