Monday 2 March 2015

Thailand - 35 days 4 Countries with only USD 750, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand

Here you go this is my last place before I head back to Malaysia

Here is the price from of the Guest house (if you read the previous part) I stay at Luang Prabang. From Laos Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai it cost 340,000 Kips (around 42USD) and the around plus 20 hours. This guest house transportation price is quite reasonable and might cheaper than outside agents (I had compared). Here is the important part you need to know, from Luang Prabang 5.00pm depart from guest house to the bus station (price included send you to bus station). After arriving at bus station, a 14 seat van will pick you up! and send you to border Huay Xin bus station. The van took 12 hours to reach Huay Xin bus station and most importantly is the road condition is totally out of my mind! it's not a road! sand road! bumpy like hell! I can't even sleep for awhile. After arriving to Huay Xin bus station around 6.00am, the van will just leave and change to bus to Chaing Mai. The bus to Chiang Mai departure time is 9.00am. From Huay Xin to Chiang Mai take around 6 hours.  


Here is the price list from Luang Prang to any place

After arriving to Chiang Mai bus station 3 which is a new bus station. Please don't take tuk-tuk which is hell expensive quote me from bus station to old town cost 130 Baht. I just take the Red Truck and tell him where you heading to, red truck, which cost me 30 Bath (just ask people where to take Songthaew).  It's quite far to town around 4km. Here the location of the bus station 3 - 18.800754, 99.017908

The picture taken from internet, Here is red truck "Songthaew"

In Chiang Mai, I stay at the Chiangmai Backpack House, which cost me 120 Baht per day. The room is shared with 6 people included me and it only has fan and not aircond. Moreover, it only has one toilet each floor, you're required to share with quite a lot of people. This guest house is convenient because you walk a short distance have a lot of hawker stall and during Saturday there is a night market.  Please remember to take a 3D maps at the counter for free. 

The location of the guest house - 18.780887, 98.990529
The location of the hawker stalls - 18.781334, 98.988179


Picture taken from internet. This is where exactly I stay.

I just stay at Chiang Mai for few days only because I need head to the farm stay. Farm stay it's quite famous in Chiang Mai, where the place let you learn in farmer way? There is few farm over there such as happy healing home, mindful farm and etc. Warning you need to ride a yellow truck and the journey around 3 hours and cost 150-200 Baht (Please refer to their website will guide you to take the yellow truck which once journey a day). Most of the people go to the mindful farm. It's quite cheap around 150 Baht to 300 Baht per day including meals and accommodation.  I stay there for a week and it only cost me 1050 Baht only (150 Baht/day).

Here is the website for the farm, visit if you interested (Remember to inform them before go to their farm as they need to prepare)

happy healing home - http://happyhealinghome.weebly.com/
mindful farm - http://www.mindfulfarmers.org/

But, I go to Karen farm which already stop taking candidates. 

Stay at Karen Farm for a week, I head back to Chiang Mai by yellow truck. After that I stay at Chiang Mai for 2 more days because I bought flight ticket (RM200 promotion price) back to Malaysia. From the hostel walk to Chiang Mai International Airport around 15 minutes. 

~THE END~
I HOPE MY BLOG WILL HELP THOSE TRAVEL.
IF HAVE ANY QUESTION YOU CAN E-MAIL TO black_pen@hotmail.my




No comments:

Post a Comment